Limousin Weather and Climate
- The Limousin region, located inland in the middle of France, is renowned for its mild and sweet weather throughout the year. Indeed this region receives some snippets from the ocean climate which allows a really pleasant climate although a bit humid at times.
- Limousin is surrounded by mountains, the main one being Massif Central, which because of their altitudes bring long winter times and strong rainfalls. Even if there is a difference of temperatures between flatlands and mountains where the temperatures can be extreme, the weather remains really sweet in the flatlands.
- Although this French region is humid, Limousin benefits from 1,974 sunshine hours a year.
- The blend of humidity and softness enables the growth of numerous kinds of plants that give to this region an important attractiveness. The average rainfall nourishes the natural lakes, the rivers, and the vegetation to create a charming landscape.
- As you notice in the average temperatures table below, the temperature is quite cold during the winter months. Also there are cooler spring and autumn months whilst summer is pleasantly warm in this area of France.
||Summer: 18°c, Winter 4.5°c.
||1974 hours per year (Limoges).
||Summer: 70.13mm, Winter: 96.3mm. Equivalent to 1022.9 mm per year (Limoges).
Limousin Weather Statistics
|Month||Average Temperature||Precipitation (mm)|