Aquitaine Weather and Climate
- The Aquitaine region, located in the South West of France is renowned for its pleasant climate throughout the year and especially for its warm weather during the summer months.
- Aquitaine is lined along its western side by the Atlantic Ocean. As a result the Aquitaine region soaks in the sweetness of the ocean climate and the warmth of the Gulf stream.
- Aquitaine benefits from 2,200 sunshine hours a year, the climate is similar in this respect to the climate of the Mediterranean Midi regions to the east.
- The Aquitaine region is a beautiful verdant region of France. Aquitaine receives even precipitation throughout the year. This combined with ample sunshine is the main reason behind the successful agriculture and wine production.
- As you notice in the average temperatures table below, the temperature is mild during the winter months. Also there are warm spring and autumn months whilst the summer is pleasantly warm and not too hot.
|Climate Type||Mild coastal, humid.|
|Average Temperature||Summer: 22°c, Winter 5°c.|
|Average sunshine||2,200 hours per year (Bordeaux).|
|Average rainfall||Summer: 50mm, Winter 120mm. Equivalent to 947 mm per year (Bordeaux).|
Aquitaine Weather Statistics
|Month||Average Temperature||Precipitation (mm)||Average Wind (Miles/hour)||Cloud Covering (in %)|