As second least populated French region, Limousin offers a preserved living environment and is without any doubt an ideal location to spend peaceful holidays within green surroundings. The region accounts for 69% of second homes but has also a diversified tourist housing stock in order to match the visitor’s demand.
- More than 260 homologated hotels, 180 camp sites, 300 B&Bs, and a thousand furnished flats.
- In terms of tourist beds, camp sites represent 54% of the whole offer, furnished holiday flats 19% and hotels 16%.
- As far as self-catering cottages are concerned, the quality is gradually improving and the 3 and 4 épis (a ranking system similar to the stars for hotels) gîtes gain ground while the number of 1 and 2 épis ones decreases. This is the favoured type of accommodation in the region.
- Most of the hotels in Limousin are 2 star ones, followed by 3 star ones.
- 2 and 3 stars camp sites account for 79% of the outdoor accommodation offer. Camping in farmhouses is also widely appreciated in the region.
- As regards B&Bs, 3 épis is the most common comfort to be found.
- The Corrèze department boasts the most significant offer in accommodations generally speaking and Haute-Vienne has the highest number of hotel bedrooms.
|Public surveys show the following cities are among those most appreciated by visitors:|
|Solignac Abbey (a jewel)||Beaulieu Sur Dordogne|
|Collonges la Rouge||Gimel Les Cascades|
|Go to Limousin to discover many more!|