Accessing Pays de la Loire is possible in many ways. Its road network allows the inhabitants to reach France big cities really swiftly.
- The quality of the road network is outstanding, even the less frequented roads.
Most cities have motorways allowing to avoid the city centre, that are free. All this allows a smooth and swift traffic in the region. Motorways are listed below:
- The free motorway around Nantes (40 km): A 83 (5 km), A 811 (7 km) et RD 201 (6 km)
- The RN 137 dual carriageway between Nantes and Rennes (110 km/h)
- The RN 165 dual carriageway between Nantes and Vannes
- The RN 165 dual carriageway between Nantes -Vannes
- The RN 171 dual carriageway between Savenay and Saint-Nazaire
- The RN 249 dual carriageway between Nantes, Cholet and Poitiers
- The A83 motorway between Nantes, Niort and Bordeaux
- The A11 motorway between Nantes, Angers, Le Mans and Paris