Picardy Tourism Attractions
- Picardy offers a large variety of landscapes and then a wide range of activities for all visitors and regional population, through its 3 departments: The Somme, Oise and Aisne.
- For those looking for activities like walking and cycling, Picardy forests and natural parks will welcome you. Picardy lakes and rivers will also be a paradise for those looking for water sports like fishing and sailing.
- Other famous attractions, like "Parc Astérix" or "La Mer de Sable" are the best places to have fun for children and adults alike.
- The main cities such as Amiens, Soissons, or Compiègne are worth a visit; as well as smaller town such as Noyon, Chauny or La Ferté Milon.
- Picardy is also the best destination for horse lovers, especially in the equestrian town of Chantilly, famous for its horse races.
|Picardy Sporting activities|
|Water sports||Picardy is ideal for anyone enjoying fishing, sailing and other water-sports such as speed-sailing, sand yachting and canoeing.|
|Land sports||Through its many parks, forests and wide open spaces,Picardy offers more than 2000 kms of hike tracks but also many activities: walking, cycling, pony trekking, horse riding or golf.
The Picardy region also accounts for equestrian centres and prestigious horse races in Chantilly.
|Picardy Parks and Attractions|
|Aquariums and Zoos||Marquenterre Ornithological Park : including hundreds of birds in the heart of a natural reserve.|
|Amusement Park||Astérix Leisure Park: famous amusement park in a rebuilt village.
La Mer de Sable: amusement park in a sand desert.
"Center Parcs": aquatic park in the heart of the natural lake of l'Ailette
Parc Saint-Paul: shows and animations in country-style environment.
Samara natural park retraces prehistorical period.
Arbres et aventure: games and adventure in a forest.
Aquatic family parks such as "Base de loisirs de Saint Leu d'Esserent", "Parc nautique de L'Ailette", "L'île verte" and "Le Centre aquatique d'Hirson".
|Parks and Gardens||Picardy accounts many parks and gardens such as: "Les hortillonnages" in Amiens, "Parc botanique" in Valloires, "A fleur d'O" in Davenescourt,"Le Jardin du Pic Vert" in Tilloy-les-Conty, "Parc du marais d'Isle" in Saint-Quentin, "Herbarium" in Saint-Valéry sur Somme, "Jardin de Viels Maisons" and "Le Potager des Princes" near Chantilly Castle.|