The French region of Rhône-Alpes has two major airports nearby allowing a good amount of international air travel.
Lyon-Saint-Exupéry International Airport
25 km from Lyon
- From the U.S: Flights with a stop at the Paris - Charles de Gaulle airport depart from Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, L.A, Miami, New York JFK, Newark Liberty, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington D.C.
- Paris CDG - Lyon flight: 1 hour.
- At the airport, the Lyon - Saint Exupéry TGV station provides direct links with several French cities including Paris, as well as major destinations in the Rhône-Alpes including Aix les Bains, Annecy, Chambéry, Grenoble, Montélimar and Valence.
- From the airport the Satobus network offers services to Annecy, Aix les Bains, Chambéry, Grenoble, Lyon, Saint-Etienne, Valence and Vienne. It also offers services to over 30 ski resorts.
Geneva International Airport
1½ hours from Lyon
- From the U.S: Geneva International Airport is only 94 miles from Lyon. Swiss offers five weekly nonstop flights from New York JFK, and Continental Airlines offers service from Newark Liberty five times a week.
- Flights with a stop in Frankfurt, London, Paris and Zurich depart from Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Houston, L.A, Miami, New York JFK, Newark Liberty, Oakland, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington D.C.