In the last decade, the economy of the French region Upper Normandy has known a general increase.
Some notable figures about Upper Normandy Region's economy:
- 60% of the production of lubricants.
- 50% of plastics, 30% of cars
- 4th french region on the foreign exchange market
- 1st region for the production of flax
- 6th region for the research
Nevertheless some branches of the regions economy (such as industry, property building or tourism) have had problems with providing new jobs or even with keeping pre-existing employment.
But on the whole, the general economic trend of the Upper Normandy region is quite similar to the economic situation of France.
Upper Normandy has an unemployment rate of 7.6%.
This region also offer financial and physical support for people in need such as elderly people, disabled people, unemployed people...